AFTER CARE ADVICE
- Rest and relax for 12 hours after treatment. Practice deep breathing and relaxation techniques. This will help ensure that the body is able to heal itself sufficiently.
- Drink lots of water to help flush out toxins from the body.
- Avoid sunbathing or sun-bed treatments unless all of the oil is removed in case the skin burns.
- Do not eat a large meal immediately after a treatment because this will cause blood to be diverted to the gut to help with the digestion of food. This will divert energy away from the healing process. After an hour light meals such as fruit and vegetables make ideal snacks.
- Avoid coffee, tea and colas for 24 hours as they contain caffeine. Caffeine is a stimulant and therefore will not help you to relax.
- Do not drink alcohol for 24 hours as the treatment is a detoxifying one and drinking will introduce toxins.
- If you smoke: reduce your intake and set a long-term goal to quit. Seek support from: smokefree.nhs.uk.
- Avoid other holistic treatments for 24 hours to enable your body to rebalance and recover; allowing the healing process to make some headway before your body is exposed to more therapy.
- As part of your ongoing aftercare advice you may have been given postural advice, stretching or mobility exercises. Make sure you follow your therapist’s advice carefully.
- To receive the maximum benefits from your therapy follow a healthy lifestyle: eat a healthy balanced diet; aim to get 8 hours sleep per night; exercise 3 times a week for 30 minutes each time and take time to enjoy a hobby or interest.
- Return for regular treatments to maintain the benefits from your therapy.
POSSIBLE REACTIONS TO TREATMENT
You have just experienced a treatment. As a result you may experience one or two of the following reactions:
- Tiredness / fatigue
- Exacerbated symptoms
- Heightened emotions
- Aches & pains
- Frequent urination
These reactions are nothing to worry about. Your body has just been stimulated and is responding to the treatment by ridding itself of toxins and working to heal any problem areas that have been treated. Symptoms will normally subside within 24 hours. If any of these feelings last for more than 24-48 hours or you have any concerns please contact me.
Please note: This information is offered to help and support. It is not intended to be compulsory, comprehensive or replace medical advice. If you have any particular concerns following treatment please call me on 07496 606022